- Quadriceps (front thigh) strength
The wall slide is a bodyweight exercise that develops strength in the quadriceps. The wall slide can be performed with a stability ball for comfort and increase range of motion. Hold the squat position to build static strength in the thighs.
- Lean against a wall with your feet placed 12 to 15 inches in front of you, and about hip-width apart.
- With your entire back against the wall, slide down until your upper thighs are parallel to the ground.
- Carefully push back up to the start position.
- Rounding the back
- Buckling the knees inward