- Abs and Core
- Hips & Buttocks
- Leg strength
- Glute strength
- Torso strength
Wide stance barbell squats with toes pointed out strengthen the inner thighs, glutes, and torso. The full range of motion emphasizes the glutes, while the toes pointed out emphasize the inner thighs. Keep your low back arched and head up to stabilize your spine.
- With the barbell on your upper back, stand with both feet wider than hip width (wide stance) and toes turned out.
- Keeping the chest up at all time, lower yourself carefully and keep the knees pointed out like your toes.
- Keep your weight on both heels as you squat down until your upper thighs are parallel to the ground.
- Keeping the knees tracking straight at all time, return to the top.
- Rounding the back
- Buckling the knees inward
- Tilting the ankles inward