The Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral is designed to provide learners with an in depth understanding of the knowledge required to ensure safe and effective exercise programming for patients with a number of medical conditions, as well as common reasons for referral onto a community-based exercise referral scheme.
Learners must hold one of the following:
- Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing.
- Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing.
- Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Group Training.
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training.
- Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training.
- Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga.
Learners must achieve all six mandatory units (38 credits).
- Multiple Choice Examination.
- Portfolio of Evidence.
- Practical Demonstration/Assignment.
Certified Medical Fitness Trainer
This qualification provides progression onto:
- Active IQ Level 4 Certificate In Physical Activity and Lifestyle Strategies for Managing Low Back Pain.
- Active IQ Level 4 Certificate In Physical Activity and Weight Management for Obese and Diabetic Clients.