- Biceps strength
The alternating dumbbell curl performed standing is a good exercise for bicep development. This exercise allows your body to move in it’s natural range of motion. Alternating arms allows for a short rest for each arm while the other is working so you can pump out a few more repetitions. Try not to use your body and cheat.
- Standing with your body stabilized, hold the dumbbells down at your sides, palms facing your legs.
- Keep your chest up and your elbows braced at your sides at all time.
- Starting with one arm, pull the dumbbell up while turning your palm upward, then lower it.
- Repeat with the other side.
- Letting the elbows move forward instead of keeping them back against the torso
- Leaning back excessively
- Swinging the body