- Ankle flexibility
The Achilles stretch is commonly performed to losses the ankle joint and the lower portion of your calf. Before stretching your body should be warmed up using various dynamic movement drills. The Achilles stretch can be performed after a lower body workout or running. Proper stretching is important to avoid injuries and help your body recover. No equipment is required to perform the Achilles stretch.
- Kneel down with one foot placed slightly forward and on the toes
- Lean back and push the heel down
- Feel the stretch in the achilles
- Repeat with the opposite side.
- Tilting the foot sideway
- Not sitting directly on the calf