- Biceps strength
The Alternating seated curl is a great biceps builder. This exercise lets you focus on your biceps without letting you cheat with your body. Alternating arms gives each side a little rest so you can pump out a few more repetitions. To perform this exercise you will need a pair of dumbbells and a place to sit. Keep your writs straight and palms up. This is a “must have” for anyone looking for great arms.
- Seated on the bench with your torso stabilized, hold the dumbbells like hammers at your sides.
- Keep your chest up and your elbows braced at your sides at all time.
- Bend your elbows and pull the dumbbells up while turning the palms up, until your elbows can’t bend anymore.
- Return slowly to the bottom position, turning the palms in again.
- Seated on the bench with your torso stabilized, hold the dumbbells down at your sides with palms forward.
- Starting with one arm, bend the elbows and pull the dumbbell up to the shoulders, and then lower it.
- Repeat with the other side.
- Letting the elbows move forward instead of keeping them back against the torso
- Leaning back excessively
- Swinging the body