- Brachioradialis (Deep biceps and forearm muscle) strength
The alternating hammer curl performed while standing strengths your biceps in a slightly different way than other types of curls. By changing you hand position to the neutral grip you add the variety that your muscles needs to continually adapt. Performing this exercise while standing allows you to use more weight than the seated version. It is also more functional version because most activities outside the gym you will do standing.
- Standing with your body stabilized, hold the dumbbells down at your sides, palms facing your legs.
- Keep your chest up and your elbows braced at your sides at all time.
- Starting with one arm, bend the elbow and pull the dumbbell up to the shoulder, and then lower it.
- Repeat with the other side.
- Letting the elbows move forward instead of keeping them back against the torso
- Leaning back excessively
- Swinging the body