- Triceps strength
- Forearm strength
The arm extension exercise works the triceps muscles. The triceps work to extend the elbow. The arm extension can be paired with the arm curl machine to work the entire upper arm.
- Place the upper arms parallel, resting on the padding.
- Sit with the legs bent at right angles.
- Hold the handles with a steady grip, making sure your wrists are in the neutral position.
- Push the handles away from you until the elbow joints are extended.
- Return to the starting position.
- Moving too fast through the range of motion.
- Moving the elbows away from the axis of rotation during the extension.
- Pulling the shoulders up.