- Deltoid strength.
- Torso Stability.
The PowerBlock shoulder press performed while seated on the ball is a great exercise for building shoulder strength while at the same time working the core muscles. As you press the weight overhead you activate more of the core in order to stabilize your spine. This is a good way to add variety to your training plan. You can add this exercise to your workout plan if you are bored with your current routine.
- Seated on the balance ball, bring the dumbbells to shoulder height.
- Keep your back straight and your chest up at all time.
- Press the dumbbells straight up until your arms are straight and the elbows are in line with your ears.
- Lower the dumbbells back to shoulder level, and then down to hips again.
- Excessive arching of the back.
- Pressing the dumbbells too far in front of the head, instead of directly overhead.