- Abs and Core
- Stretches sides of torso
The ball side drape with arm at side is an excellent stretch for the torso. This exercise can be added to your workout on your strength or cardio day. It’s recommended that you perform the ball side drape with your arm at your side to help control the stability of the ball. Keep your feet apart to create a solid support base for your upper body. Exhale and melt into the ball.
- Kneel down on the knee closest to the ball; the opposite foot stays firmly forward.
- Lean the side of the body onto the ball and roll yourself up over the ball.
- Stretch the arm closest to the ball, and place the top arm down the side of the body.
- Relax your trunk, head and arms, and breath deeply.
- Not relaxing the torso and neck muscles over the ball
- Tilting the top hip too far forward or back.