- Abs and Core
- Stretches sides of torso
- Stretches latissimus dorsi (“wing” muscle)
The ball side drape with arms over head stretches the torso and back muscles. By extending the arm overhead you increase the effectiveness of the stretch and release tension in the shoulder blades. Hold your arms overhead for 30 seconds or as long as it feels good. Repeat often during back workouts and at the end of your workouts. Keep your feet apart to stabilize your torso.
- Kneel down on the knee closest to the ball; the opposite foot stays firmly forward.
- Lean the side of the body onto the ball and roll yourself up over the ball.
- Stretch the arm closest to the ball, and place the top arm over your head.
- Relax your trunk, head and arms, and breath deeply.
- Not relaxing the torso and neck muscles over the ball
- Tilting the top hip too far forward or back.
- Not relaxing the top arm and let the elbow bend