- Hips & Buttocks
- Lower back strength
- Glute strength
The seated trunk extension performed with a resistance band around your upper-body will increase your low back strength. This is a terrific exercise for anyone who sits in an office chair all day. After performing this exercise you will feel like your posture has improved. Hunching forward at a computer all day will place strain on your neck, shoulders and low back. The seated trunk extension is perfect for short stretch breaks.
- Straddling a chair, place a band around the chair and around your back.
- Place your feet firmly on the ground and your back straight at all time.
- With your hands on the back rest of the chair for balance, lean away from the chair (against the resistance).
- Slowly return to the start position.
- Rounding the back
- Over arching the back
- Pushing too much with the arms instead of using the back