- Deltoid strength (emphasis: front head)
- Torso stability
Shoulder flexion performed with a resistance band and while standing strengthens the shoulder muscles. Pause at the top of the exercise to achieve peak-contraction of the deltoids. Keep your trunk tight and torso upright to activate your core muscles. Perform this exercise on an unstable base such as a Bosu ball to further challenge your core muscles. Perform this exercise at the end of your upper-body workout.
- Secure one end of the band and hold the other end in one hand while standing.
- Face away from the band’s attachment point, and keep your chest up at all time.
- With the arm straight, lift it out in front to shoulder height.
- Then lower the arm to the start position.
- Shrugging the shoulder excessively
- Hunching forward
- Leaning back