- Strengthen the back.
- Strengthen the rear deltoid.
The Barbell Suitcase Row strengthens the back and forearm muscles. Instead of using a bench for rowing, stand. By standing you increase the demand on the entire body, making the exercise “functional”. Include the Barbell Suitcase Row in place of dumbbell rows or bent-over rows.
- Lay a barbell on the ground next to you.
- Bend forward so your body is parallel to the ground and grip one end of the bar.
- Pull your elbow as far back as you can.
- Slowly extend your arm and lower the bar.
- Rounding your back.
- Not pulling your elbow back all the way.