- Abs and Core
- Abdominal strength
The floor crunch performed on a bolster or with a rolled-up towel develops abdominal strength. Using a bolster allows for increased range-of-motion (ROM) and therefore greater activation of the abdominals. The obliques are also engaged in the floor crunch although to a lesser degree than the abdominals.
- Lie on your back and place a small rolled-up towel under the small of your lower back.
- Place your feet flat on the floor about 12 inches apart and your finger tips to the sides of your head.
- Keeping your neck neutral, push your back into the rolled-up towel and roll your upper back off the ground.
- Return slowly to the starting position.
- Jutting the chin as you crunch up
- Yanking the head up with the hands