- Hips & Buttocks
- Increases strength in legs
The chair stand is a good exercise for developing starting strength. It is also a very functional exercise, we all sit and stand everyday. To keep it safe avoid using a chair with wheels that could roll out from under you. When performing this exercise, make sure you use your hips and legs to drive up to standing. This is a good exercise for beginners who aren’t quite ready for regular squats.
- Sit on a chair or stool, with feet shoulder-width apart.
- Keep your back straight and chest up throughout movement.
- Lean forward at the hips just enough to put weight on your feet.
- Stand up, using your legs.
- Back rounding
- Knees tilting inward