- Abs and Core
- Stretches front of torso
The cobra stretch is a staple of most yoga programs. It is good for increasing mobility of the spine and stretching the abdominal muscles. It can be performed any where since you don’t need any equipment. Stretching should always be performed after you have warmed up thoroughly.
- Lie on your stomach with your hands placed on the floor outside of the shoulders.
- Keep your shoulders un-shrugged and your hips on the ground.
- With your hands pushing on the ground, gently lift yourself so that the chest and head are pointing forward.
- Raise your upper body only as far as is comfortable for your back.
- Shrugging the shoulders
- Cocking the head back too far
- Raising the hips off the floor