- Abs and Core
- Full Body
- Strengthens legs, hips, torso, arms and shoulders.
- Increases cardiovascular conditioning.
- Develops and strengthens basic motor patterns.
The diagonal wood chop is a great core exercise. Not only does it strengthen your body, it also develops and strengthens basic motor patterns. It can be performed without equipment or it can be done with a dumbbell or cables. The diagonal wood chop is good for golfers and baseball players.
- With your feet wider than shoulder width, clasp your hands in front of you.
- Pull your arms up to one side of your head.
- Squat down and “chop” your arms diagonally to the opposite side of the body
- Stand back up while pulling your arms up to the same side of your head.
- Repeat for specified reps. Perform the same from the opposite side.
- Rounding the back.
- Not dropping the hips at the bottom.
- Letting the knees cave in.