- Abs and Core
- Abdominal strength
The dumbbell crunch is a great exercise for developing your abs and strengthening your core. All you need is a dumbbell and a place to lay down. This exercise is exactly the same as a regular crunch done while hugging a dumbbell to your chest. To progress with this exercise you can add repetitions or you can add more weight.
- Lie on your back with your legs bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Hold the dumbbell at your chest, close to the chin.
- Keeping your neck neutral, roll your upper back off the floor.
- Return slowly to the floor.
- Jutting the chin as you crunch up
- Holding the dumbbell too low toward the stomach