- Stretches wrist and forearm muscles
The forearm flexor stretch relaxes the wrist and forearm muscles. The standing stretch can be performed anywhere and should be included in your workout routine. Many common pulling exercises require the forearm muscles to contract and this can lead to tight, overused muscles. The standing forearm flexor stretch is a good way to alleviate tight muscles in the forearm.
- Repeat with the opposite side.
- Stand with one arm stretched out in front, palm facing up.
- Using the opposite hand, gently pull the hand of the out-stretched arm down so that the palm faces away.
- Keep the elbow of the out-stretched arm straight.
- Hunching forward
- Elbow not fully locked