- Stretches quads (front thighs)
The front-thigh stretch performed with a foam roller targets the quadriceps (front of the thighs). The foam roller provides a nice way to increase the range-of-motion (ROM) while you ease into the stretch position. Be careful not to overstretch the muscles. Maintain a straight spine throughout the stretch.
- Kneel down on the right knee with a roller underneath the right ankle.
- Keep the left foot forward on the ground and between the hands.
- Roll the right leg back on top of the roller so that it becomes straight.
- Repeat with the opposite side.
- Hunching forward
- Leaning the torso forward too far