- Hips & Buttocks
- Stretch glutes
- Increases range of motion in hips and back
The gluteal (butt) stretch increases the range-of-motion in the hips and low back. This is a great exercise for anyone working at a desk or performing manual labor. The hip and lower back muscles can become tight and limit mobility. The gluteal stretch should be part of your regular stretching and exercise plan to strengthen and relax the back.
- Place the right foot onto a low chair or stool.
- Bend forward and reach your left arm across the right knee.
- Then reach your left hand down as low as you can pass the right knee.
- Repeat with the opposite side.
- Bending the top knee too much