- Chest Strength
- Shoulder Strength
- Triceps Strength
The incline barbell bench press is a compound exercise that works the chest, shoulders, and triceps. The incline shifts the work to the upper pectoralis major. Set the incline to a 20 to 35-degree incline from horizontal.
- Lay supine on the incline bench.
- Take a medium, shoulder width, grip on the bar.
- Remove the bar from the rack.
- Bend your elbows and lower the bar to the upper chest.
- Press the bar until the arms are extended.
- Bouncing the bar off the upper chest.
- Lifitng the feet off the floor when raising the bar.