- Hips & Buttocks
- Increases power in hips and legs.
Jumping lunges with forward motion develop strong, powerful legs. The jumping lunge is a fun exercise that requires no equipment and can be performed at home or in the gym. This exercise has strength and conditioning benefits that will shape your legs and burn fat. Due the high demand this exercise places on the neuromuscular system, it is recommended that you rest 48 hours before the next lower body workout.
- Stand with your feet at shoulder width, holding your hands relaxed in front of you.
- With one foot, step forward about 16 to 20 inches and descend carefully.
- Jump forward and immediately switch foot position.
- When you land, absorb right into a lunge by bending your knees.
- Again, jump forward and immediately switch foot position.
- Continue for a specified number of repetitions or time.
- Front foot and knee not pointing straight.
- Feet not staggered enough forward and back.