- Abs and Core
- Full Body
- Hips & Buttocks
- Leg power
- Hip power
Lateral box hops are a lower body plyometric exercise that develops power and explosiveness in the legs and hips. Lateral box hops can be used as a conditioning exercise. For conditioning, keep the rest periods brief and use a small box. For power, use longer rest periods and a medium box. Add lateral box hops to your workout routine for strong, powerful legs.
- Jump laterally onto a box with both feet and immediately jump off to the other side of the box.
- Immediately repeat this sequence in reverse.
- Use good mechanics by swinging both arms while jumping.
- Minimize foot-contact time, and maintain dynamic balance throughout the jumps.
- Hunching and not keeping the chest up
- Ground-contact time too long