- Abs and Core
- Metabolic conditioning.
The Lateral Medicine Ball Slam is a great whole body exercise that will challenge some often neglected muscles, like the obliques. This exercise replicates the movement of swinging a sledgehammer or an axe, two forms of tough physical work. It is best to do this exercise with a ball that does not bounce.
- Raise the medicine ball above your head.
- Slam the ball outside your left foot.
- Squat down and catch the ball.
- Raise the medicine ball above your head and repeat to the right.
- Bending over rather than squatting down to retrieve the medicine ball.