- Hips & Buttocks
- Leg strength
- Glutes strength
Lateral step-ups strengthen and define the inner thighs and hips. Lateral steps ups can be performed with dumbbells for added resistance. The side-to-side movement provides additional stability requirements for the hips and core muscles. Lateral step ups can be used to shape and define the legs. Include this exercise in your lower-body or circuit training workout.
- Standing next to a step-box, set the closest foot on the box.
- Lift yourself until both feet are on the box.
- Carefully step down until both feet are on the ground.
- Rounding the back
- Leaning the torso forward excessively
- Tilting the top knee inward