- Hips & Buttocks
- Leg strength
- Glute strength
The leg press machine strengthens the glutes (butt), thighs (quadriceps and hamtrings), and calves. The machine allows you to focus on pressing the weight and does not require balance or coordination. The leg press machine can be used as a substitute for back squats if you are looking to mix up your workout routine. Due to the mechanical advantage of the leg press its typical for you to be able to press more weight than you can squat.
- Return slowly to the start position.
- Lean against the back-rest with your chest up and your back straight.
- Set both feet up on the push plate, about hip-width apart.
- Press the push plate so that both legs straighten.
- Rounding the lower back
- Top of the hips and lower back coming off the pad
- Locking the knees too fast or too hard