- Abs and Core
- Abdominal strength.
The leg tucked PowerBlock crunch strengthens the abdominals and obliques. The dumbbell makes flexion of the spine more difficult, therefore increasing the difficulty of the exercise. Depending on your goals – choose a lighter dumbbell for muscular endurance or a heavier one for muscular strength. The leg-tucked position decreases the hip flexor involvement.
- Lie on your back with your legs tucked up, feet off the floor.
- Hold the dumbbell at your chest, close to the chin.
- Keeping your neck neutral, roll your upper back off the floor.
- Return slowly to the floor.
- Jutting the chin as you crunch up.
- Holding the dumbbell too low toward the stomach.