- Shoulder and upper back strength.
- Core strength.
- Building the foundation for more complex exercises, like the snatch.
The PowerBlock Muscle Snatch is a great warm up exercise for snatches or any type of shoulder work. It is also a good pre-hab exercise for baseball and other throwing sports. Finally, it can be used on it’s own to strengthen the shoulders and upper back.
- Start in a standing position holding the dumbbells in front of you.
- Push your rear end back and bend forward, stretching the hamstrings slightly, until the dumbbells are just above your knees.
- Stand up and “muscle” the dumbbells overhead.
- Bad posture.
- Using your legs too much.