- Full Body
- Strength and power of the lower body.
- Coordination of the upper and lower body.
- Core strength.
The push Jerk is an efficient way to press a lot of weight. It forces the upper and lower body to work together and is very challenging for the core musculature. Flexibility may be a limiting factor for many people. If that is the case then work on your flexibility and you may be more successful with the Split Jerk.
- Start with the barbell in the rack position.
- Dip down with your legs, keeping your chest up.
- Drive with your legs.
- Push your body under the bar with your arms and catch it in a partial squat.
- Stand up, keeping the bar overhead.
- Falling forward when you dip.
- Catching the bar too far forward or back.
- Letting your hips go forward.