- Abs and Core
- Stretches back
- Stretches sides of torso
- Stretches latissimus dorsi (“wing” muscle)
The side bend stretches the spinal lateral flexors, obliques and ipsilateral trunk extensors. The side bend can be performed at work or at the end of a workout. Stretch both sides of the body for maximum benefit. Reach the arm overhead to increase the effectiveness of the side bend.
- Standing, place the right hand on your right hip.
- Reach the left arm over your head.
- Bend your torso to the right, reaching the left hand over to the right side of the body.
- Repeat with the opposite side.
- Only bending forward at the waist