- Latissimus dorsi (“Wing” muscles) strength
- Upper back strength
- Rear deltoid strength
- Biceps strength
The single arm high cable row is a good way to work the upper back. The muscles of the upper back are important for posture. Because you are only moving one side you force the core to work hard to stabilize your body. This exercise can also be done with resistance tubing or a band.
- Seated on the bench and bracing your feet firmly, hold the handle at shoulder-width, palm down.
- Pull the handle straight back toward your chest, keeping the elbow out.
- Keep your chest up and your trunk stabilized.
- Slowly straighten your arm to the start position.
- Dropping the elbow as you pull back
- Shrugging the shoulder
- Tilting the body to one side