- Shoulder and upper back strength.
- Coordination of the upper and lower body.
- Core strength.
The Single Arm PowerBlock Hang High Pull is a good exercise for the traps and shoulders. It is also great for building explosive power and improving coordination of the upper and lower body in preparation for more advanced exercises.
- Start in a standing position holding the dumbbell in front of you.
- Push your rear end back and bend forward, stretching the hamstrings slightly, until the dumbbell is just above your knees.
- Jumping with your legs and pulling with you arms, bring the dumbbell to shoulder height.
- Lower the dumbbell and return to the starting position.
- Repeat with the dumbbell in the other hand.
- Bad posture.
- Bringing the dumbbell higher than your elbow.