- Abs and Core
- Latissimus dorsi (“wing” muscles) strength
- Upper back strength
- Rear deltoid strength
- Biceps strength
- Rotational trunk strength
The single arm rotation row is a good upper back and core exercise. There is also an element of torso rotation. This is a good exercise for both body builders and athletes. This exercise can also be done with resistance tubing and bands.
- Seated on the bench and with a straight arm, hold the handle at abdominal level.
- Keep your chest up at all time.
- Pull the handle straight back toward your side while rotating your trunk as far as is comfortable.
- Return slowly forward until your arm and torso are straighten again.
- Shrugging the shoulder
- Tilting the body to one side
- Leaning back excessively