- Latissimus dorsi (“wing” muscles) strength
- Upper back strength
- Rear deltoid strength
- Biceps strength
The single arm row is a challenging exercise. You must stabilize your body and pull the cable back. This is a great exercise for rear delt development as well as core stability. You can also do this exercise with bands.
- Seated with your legs slightly bent in front of you, hold the handle at abdominal level.
- Keep your chest up and your trunk stabilized.
- Pull the handle straight back toward your side, keeping the elbow close to your side.
- Return slowly forward until your arm is straighten again.
- Shrugging the shoulder
- Tilting the body to one side
- Leaning back excessively