- Abs and Core
- Abdominal Strength
The single-sided rotation crunch on bolster strengthens the abdominals and obliques. The twisting motion activates the obliques and delivers a good ab workout. Place your hands behind your head and lift your shoulders off the floor to begin the crunch. Move you head close to your knees by contracting the abs.
- Lie on your back and place a small rolled-up towel under the small of your lower back.
- Place your feet flat on the floor about 12 inches apart and your finger tips to the sides of your head.
- Keeping your neck neutral, roll your upper back off the floor and twist to one side.
- Return slowly to the starting position and then repeat to the same side.
- Jutting the chin as you crunch up
- Yanking the head up with the hands
- Reaching only the elbow forward instead of rotating the entire torso