- Stretches chest
- Stretches lower back
The spinal drape lifts the hips and lengthens the lower back. Lie on your back in a straight line, balancing the left and right sides of your body. Rest the bolster on the sacrum closer to hips, not on the coccyx. Separate the legs 4-6″. Move upper arms away from side of chest, palms facing up. Exhale and relax into the stretch.
- Place a small rolled up towel under the small of your back.
- Lie down on the towel and stretch both arms to the sides.
- Keep your hips and knees bent, with your feet flat on the floor about 12 inches from your hips.
- Relax and breath deeply.
- Not relaxing the arms to the sides
- Keeping the head elevated