- Full Body
- Hips & Buttocks
- Strengthens legs, hips, torso, arms and shoulders.
- Develops and strengthens basic motor patterns.
The squat thruster strengthens the legs, hips, torso, shoulders, and arms. The squat thrust also develops and strengthens basic motor patterns. The squat thruster delivers both strength and conditioning benefits. Squat thrusters are an explosive (ballistic) movement that burn calories, strengthens the entire body and improves the cardiovascular system.
- With your feet wider than shoulder width, hold your hands relaxed in front of you.
- Squat straight down.
- Keep your feet flat and straight or slightly pointed outward.
- Stand back up, leading with the chest.
- Rounding the back.
- Letting the knees cave in.
- Knees not pointing in the same directions the toes are pointing.