- Full Body
- Hips & Buttocks
- Strengthens legs, hips, torso, arms and shoulders.
- Develops and strengthens basic motor patterns.
Squat thruster with rotation strengthens the legs, hips, thighs, torso, shoulders, and arms. This exercise delivers both strength and conditioning benefits. Dumbbells can be used to provide additional resistance. The rotation makes this exercise a good choice for anyone desiring real-world fitness. The squat thruster with rotation transfers well to sport and life.
- With your feet wider than shoulder width, hold your hands relaxed in front of you.
- Squat straight down.
- Keep your feet flat and straight or slightly pointed outward.
- Stand back up, leading with the chest while rotating to one side
- On the way up, thrust your hands straight above your head.
- Repeat for a specified number, alternating to the opposite side on the way up.
- Letting the knees cave in.
- Knees not pointing in the same directions the toes are pointing.
- Not pivoting onto the ball of the back foot.