- Hips & Buttocks
- Developing explosive power in the legs.
- Developing balance and body control.
The Standing Backward Jump develops powerful hamstrings and hip extensors. You may combine the forward, backward, and lateral jump for a taxing anaerobic workout. Repeat the jumps in a clockwise and counterclockwise rotation for a set duration (e.g., 30 seconds).
- Stand with you feet about hip width.
- Jump Backward as far as you can.
- Land on both feet.
- Set yourself and repeat.
- Jumping too far and falling.
- Favoring one side.