- Range of motion at the elbows
Standing elbow flexion and extension increases circulation in the arms. This mobility exercise can be performed in the office, home, or gym. Standing elbow flexion and extension stretches the biceps and triceps. Begin moving the elbows slowly and progress to faster pace as the muscles become warm.
- Stand with both arms straight down at your side.
- Bend both elbows as far as you can, so that the hands are at your shoulders.
- Then extend both elbows so that the arms are straight and slightly behind the body.
- Partial range of motion in the elbows