- Hips & Buttocks
- Quadriceps isometric (static) strength
- Glute isometric (static) strength
The straight leg quad and glutes isometric develops “static” strength in the quadriceps and glutes. This exercise can be performed as part of a beginner workout or rehabilitation routine. This exercise requires little skill and can be performed anywhere.
- Seated on the ground, lean back with one leg out in front and the other leg bent.
- Pull the toes of the stretched-out leg back as far as you can and squeeze your thighs.
- Return to the relaxed position.
- Not squeezing the quads (front thigh)
- Not squeezing the glutes