- Abs and Core
- Hips & Buttocks
- Abdominal strength
The straight leg sit up is a challenging exercise that develops strength in the abdominals and hip flexors. Straight leg sit ups should not be performed by anyone with low back problems. This is a very challenging exercise that is much harder than bent knee sit ups.
- Lie on your back with your legs straight on the floor.
- Place your finger tips to the sides of your head.
- Keeping your neck neutral, roll your upper back off the floor until you are sitting upright.
- Return slowly to the start position.
- Jutting the chin as you sit up
- Bending the legs while sitting up
- Letting the legs come off the ground while sitting up