- Abs and Core
- Hips & Buttocks
- Strengthens legs, hips and torso.
- Develops and strengthens basic motor patterns.
Walking lunges with rotation strengthens the legs, hips and torso. The rotation activates the obliques and challenges your balance. A medicine ball may be used to add resistance to the body and further activate the core muscles.
- Stand with your feet at shoulder width, holding your hands relaxed in front of you.
- With one foot, step forward about 16 to 20 inches and descend carefully.
- While descending, turn your torso to the side you’re stepping forward on.
- Then step forward onto the front leg, to a standing position, turning forward again.
- Then repeat with the opposite leg.
- Front foot and knee not pointing straight.
- Rotating only the arms instead of the entire torso.
- Letting the chest drop.