- Full Body
- Hips & Buttocks
- Strengthens legs, hips, torso, arms and shoulders.
- Develops and strengthens basic motor patterns.
The walking lunge thrust develops full-body fitness. Add the walking lunge thrust with rotation to your workout to burn calories and strengthen the entire body. Increase the resistance or distance for added difficulty.
- Stand with your feet at shoulder width, holding your hands relaxed in front of you.
- With one foot, step forward about 16 to 20 inches and descend carefully.
- Then step forward onto the front leg, thrusting your hands above your head.
- Then repeat with the opposite leg.
- Alternate legs for a specified number of time.
- Front foot and knee not pointing straight.
- Rounding or tilting the trunk.