- Stretches nerves in the neck and down the arms
- Provides unrestricted movement in those areas
The wall nerve stretch relaxes the nerves in the neck and down the arms. If you have a tight upper back or neck, this stretch may help. Provide gentle pressure and be sure to stop if you feel pain or discomfort.
- Stand sideway and about 2 feet from a wall.
- Place the closest palm flat on the wall at shoulder height, fingers pointing up.
- Push and straighten the arm, turning the body slightly away, and tilt the head away from the wall.
- Repeat with the opposite side.
- Stretching arm not held out to the side
- Elbow bending