- Full Body
- Strengthens legs, hips, torso, arms and shoulders.
- Increases cardiovascular conditioning.
- Develops and strengthens basic motor patterns.
The wood chop strengthens the legs, hips, torso, arms and shoulders. This bodyweight exercise increases cardiovascular conditioning and develops and strengthens basic motor patterns. Use a dumbbell or medicine ball to increase the effectiveness and burn more calories.
- With your feet wider than shoulder width, clasp your hands in front of you.
- Pull your arms up behind your head.
- Squat down while “chopping” your arms straight down.
- Stand back up while pulling your arms up behind your head again. Repeat.
- Rounding the back.
- Not dropping the hips at the bottom.